If you have seen the cakes from the Russian confectioner Olga Noskovaa that have become news on social networks, know that it is possible to make them at home. That’s right, with this recipe can make a cake so smooth and mirrored that will become a renowned chef among your friends and family. The recipe is not difficult, just know the right tricks. And these sum up one word: gelatin. Follow these steps and be a star on social networks too.
Table of Contents
HOW TO MAKE A MIRROR GLAZED CAKE
- 20 g unflavored gelatin powder
- 120 ml + 150 ml of filtered water (to be used in two separate steps)
- 300 g of powdered glucose
- 300 g of sugar
- 200 ml condensed milk
- 300g of melted chocolate
- Confectionery dye
Method of preparation
- Dissolve gelatin powder in 120 milliliters of water.
- Put a pot on the stove and heat it, still empty, for a few seconds.
- Add glucose, sugar and 150 ml of water. Mix well and bring to the boil.
- As soon as the mixture begins to boil, turn off the stove and add the gelatin prepared in step 1. Mix well.
- Add the condensed milk always without stopping to stir the preparation.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath and add to the mixture.
- Beat the mixture with the mixer to remove the air bubbles. This step is fundamental because if the mixture is bubbled, it will not have the smooth, mirrored appearance of the images.
- After obtaining a homogeneous mixture, add the colorant.
- The cake needs to be frozen to look like the photos. Before adding the cover, it is to take the cake to the refrigerator, because if it is hot it will finish melting the mixture, losing the consistency necessary for a bright appearance.
And ready now just put over a cake of your choice. It can be any cake because the topping does not have any flavor. Just know the sugar so if you’re on a diet do not need to make a very sweet cake.
Glass Cake Collection
Now it’s just eating and of course, before taking many photos to impress friends.