How to Replace Garage Door Rollers – The old metal garage door wheels attached to the garage door can become noisy as they age and can chirp along the track. The lack of lubrication of the wheels on a regular basis can increase the noise when the garage door is opened. Replacing the original steel wheels of the garage door with nylon rollers can reduce noise and decrease the need for lubrication. When replacing the old garage door wheels with nylon rollers, start with the lower roller assembly and replace one set at a time, working your way up to the top set.
How to Replace Garage Door Rollers
- First, Lift the garage door and hold the bottom of the door, so that the lower wheels are placed at a comfortable working height. Have an assistant help keep the door braced to avoid injury.
- Place the pressure clips on the edge of the garage door roller track. Slowly bend the curved edge of the open metal track to pull the current wheels of the track.
- Pull the bottom of the garage door towards you as your assistant keeps the door open and prepared. Slip the current garage door wheels from the brackets into the garage door. Thread the stems of the new nylon roller wheels into the supports.
- Insert the new rollers into the roller track where they insist on opening the track. Lower the garage door to the floor and bend the closed track.
- Move to the next set of wheels above the set has been replaced. Use a plug and wrench to remove the brackets attached to the garage door.
- Pull the garage door brackets and tilt the power roller off the track. Slide the original garage door wheel from the bracket and thread the stem of the new nylon roller wheel into the bracket.
- Tilt the nylon wheel of the replacement roller to insert it into the track. Fix the bracket back to the garage door with the screws you removed earlier. Continue to replace the garage door wheels with nylon rollers in the same manner until you reach the top rollers of the garage door.
- Remove the fixing screw of the roller supports to the upper supports of the garage door. The top supports are joined at a 90-degree angle to the top of the garage door. The roller supports sit on the top of the brackets at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Slide the roller brackets on the top of the brackets at a 90-degree angle. Tilt to the brackets that you remove the original garage door wheel from the track.
- Pass the stem of the new nylon roller wheels through the roller supports. Tilt the nylon wheels to insert them on the track.
- Place the roller supports on top of the brackets at a 90 degree angle. Replace the set screw of the roller brackets to the 90 degree angle brackets on the top of the garage door.
People Also Ask
- configure kitchen remodel sliding doors in middle
- how to replace a nylon roller in my double garage door
- how to replace garage door rollers