How to Plumb a Washing Machine Drain – If you need to probe a drain for your washing machine, remember that the correct terminology for this type of drain is a fire hydrant. This is a pipe joined to a trap which in turn connects to the primary collector of your house. Form the drain pipe of your washing machine goes into the vertical riser. Like the drains of the washing machine, the pipe transfers the drain water from the machine to the pipe and through the main drain of your house.
Difficulty: Moderately easy
The things you need
- PVC tubing
- PVC “T” Hacksaw
How to Plumb a Washing Machine Drain
- Locate a drain pipe near a service sink or other drainage system, and remove a section of pipe full enough to hold a “T.” pipe. Cut the tube with a hacksaw, then remove the burrs from the cut with sandpaper.
- Place the “T” line with the pipe and then tighten the compression nuts by hand.
- Cut a length of PVC drain pipe to match the length needed to reach the area where you plan to install the fire hydrant. Attach the drain hose to the “T” by squeezing the compression nut on the “T” around the drain hose.
- Pass an S-trap over the end of the drain hose, and tighten the compression nut to lock it in place.
- Cut a section of drainage pipe that will extend up to trap at about the likewise height as the back of your washing machine. Attach the hose to the S-trap with the compression nut.
- Place a U-shaped collar around the pipe, and secure the U-clamp to the wall with screws. This is worth the riser up.
- Place the flexible drain hose that enlarges from your washing machine into the filter.
Tips and Warnings
- If you don’t have a drain to tap into, you may have to eliminate the concrete and cut into the real main drain of the house to install a pipe. This can become a huge one to complete. Consulting with a plumber before trying this type of installation is the best way to ensure that you comply with local codes and complete the task safely and permanently.
Read This Article: How to Clean a Dishwasher with Vinegar
People Also Ask
- how to plumb in a washing machine
- how to plumb a washing machine drain pipe
- washing machine drain plumbing
- washing machine drain line installation
- how to plumb a washing machine in
- how to plumb a washing machine and laundry tub
- how to plump basement washing machine to overhead discharge pipe
- plumbing washing machine drain
- can you drain laundry sink into washer drain