How to Get Rid of Ladybugs in Your Home – In the fall, when the weather gets colder, it is common to find ladybugs in your house. They come in search of warmth for the winter. Ladybugs are welcome in your garden because they eat aphids and plant mites that feed on your plants. They will not eat anything in your home, including you – they do not bite. But since they seek winter shelter in swarms, you can find their numbers are making you feel uncomfortable. Get rid of them easily and return to life as usual.
How to Get Rid of Ladybugs in Your Home
Things You Need
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Since they do not bite, just pick them up by hand and throw them away. Your balcony can be covered with ladybugs, but only a few made it inside, this is the best way to get rid of some ladybugs.
- Vacuum them with a shop or home vacuum cleaner. Empty the bag or canister outside, away from your home, immediately after vacuuming. The ladybugs will not be harmed by aspiration and will crawl back into their lives.
- Use ladybug traps, which use a bright light to attract ladybugs. They are available in your nursery, hardware store or home improvement store location.
Tips & Warnings
- Ladybugs will not eat houseplants or anything else in your home.
- Do not crush ladybugs on the walls, floors or other surfaces inside your home. The yellow stain leaves behind is difficult, sometimes impossible, to remove.