How to Drain a Hot Water Heater Quickly – Draining your water heater as soon as a yr gets rid of sediment from the tank that may purpose it to work more difficult and cost more to use.
- Begin via turning off the power or fuel to the water heater.
- Subsequent, turn the bloodless water delivery valve off that allows water to flow into the heater.
- Hook a lawn hose to the drain valve at the lowest of the tank and run it outside to the ground.
- Open the drain valve in which the hose is hooked up.
- Open the strain relief valve on top of the tank via pulling up on it.
- Allow the water inside the tank to drain out.
- While the tank is empty, open the bloodless water valve for a few minutes to flush out the last closing sediment.
- Near the drain valve and pressure alleviation valve and permit the tank to fill again up.
- Relight the pilot to the heater if gas, and turn it on.
- If electric powered, turn the breaker to repair electricity to the water heater.
For in addition statistics, see our video on water heater maintenance.
People Also Ask
- drain for water heater quicker
- how to quickly drain hot wayer heater